There will be a season when you have done all you know to do and still, nothing. No answer at the door. No sudden change. No sign in the sky telling you that tomorrow will be kinder. Just you, your unanswered prayer, and the strange silence that makes you question whether God is still listening. He is. Do not mistake silence for absence. Some of God's deepest work happens without making a sound. Roots grow in darkness. Healing happens beneath skin. Morning begins long before the window knows there is light. And somewhere beyond what you can see, your life is being moved by hands you cannot follow. So do not abandon your faith because you cannot trace God's footsteps. You were never promised a clear view. You were given enough light for the next step. Take it. Even if your knees shake. Even if your heart has questions your mouth is afraid to ask. Take it. Faith is not a life without uncertainty. It is waking up with uncertainty beside you and refusing to let it choose your direc...
I built my future out of sleepless nights,
Stacking tomorrow on pages of yesterday.
Every examination felt like a doorway,
Every certificate, another key.
They applauded the day I crossed the stage.
Smiles were handed to me like promises.
They said the world belonged to those who learned.
No one warned me
that a key cannot open
a door that was never built.
My qualifications sleep inside a folder,
Protected from dust,
Yet helpless against unpaid bills.
The world asks what I can produce,
Not how many books I have survived.
I memorized the language of success,
But no one taught me
how failure introduces itself
without knocking.
How strange it is
to know the answers in a classroom,
Yet stand speechless
before life.
Education sharpened my mind,
But it could not soften rejection.
It taught me to calculate numbers,
Yet never measured the distance
between effort and opportunity.
There are days
I feel like a library
placed in the middle of a desert.
Filled with knowledge,
Surrounded by thirst.
Perhaps the greatest mistake
was believing that learning
and earning
walk the same road.
Sometimes they don't even know each other.
Still, I refuse to curse what I have learned.
Knowledge was never the enemy.
Expectation was.
For a degree is only a lamp,
It gives light,
But it cannot choose the path,
Fight the storm,
Or promise that dawn
will find your name.
And so I carry my education
Not as proof that I will be wealthy,
But as a reminder
that even an empty pocket
can hold a mind
still searching for its own horizon.
© 2026 Gloria Penelope
Comments