Who has ever reached the end of water, or counted the thoughts hidden beneath a quiet tide? The sea does not reveal its heart to those who only skim its surface. It keeps its oldest stories where sunlight surrenders, where silence becomes a language older than memory. There, in the unseen depths, life begins without applause. The greatest wonders have never needed witnesses. So it is with kindness. It is rarely the loud declaration that changes the world, but the unnoticed gesture, a hand extended before it is asked, a burden shared without complaint, a forgiveness offered when justice alone would seem enough. Kindness flows as rivers find the ocean: not because they are commanded, but because giving is their truest direction. And humanity, for all its fractures, has endured not by the strength of stone, nor by the sharpness of steel, but by the quiet courage of those who chose compassion when cruelty promised an easier victory. The deepest waters hold the greatest pressure, yet they c...
This feeling,
so heavy it bends my breath,
sits on my chest like a silent storm
no one else can hear.
I feel less human here,
less than the voice I carry,
less than the space I take,
like I am fading
in a place I once called home.
Home…
yet it does not hold me.
Walls stand,
But warmth is missing.
The treatment,
so sour,
like biting into raw lemons,
sharp, stinging,
lingering long after the moment has passed.
Every word, every glance,
cuts quietly,
not enough to be seen,
but enough to be felt
deep within.
Oh God,
Where are You?
In this noise of silence,
in this crowd where I stand alone,
Do you hear me?
I feel left out,
like a shadow misplaced,
like the black sheep
in a field that refuses to know me.
I try,
I wake, I breathe, I endure,
holding onto hope
like a fragile thread
that could break at any moment.
Life grows heavier each day,
Yet I carry it still,
because somewhere in me
a whisper refuses to die:
Maybe tomorrow will be kinder.
Oh God,
If you are listening,
Find me here,
in this quiet ache,
in this unseen place.
Because even in my breaking,
I am still hoping
to be found. 🙏
© 2026 Gloria Penelope
Comments