Love was never a heartbeat. It was the echo left behind after the heart forgot why it was still beating. It arrived wearing another person's face, its hands stitched together from promises that had already begun to rot. I welcomed it. Not because it was kind, but because loneliness knows how to mistake a wolf for warmth. Every smile it offered cast a longer shadow. Every whispered "forever" fed another ghost sleeping beneath my ribs. The thought of love is a clever liar. It builds cathedrals from broken mirrors, then asks us to kneel before our own reflections, calling the illusion destiny. How eagerly we obey. We water flowers that grow from graves, write poems to people who never truly existed, and embrace memories still unborn. Love watches. Silent. Patient. Like a spider waiting in the center of a web woven from hope. It never forces us inside. It simply lets us believe the silver threads are rays of morning light. By the time we understand, the sky has forgotten our ...
I live in turmoil, Lord,
a restless storm within my chest.
The night stretches long and heavy,
and hope grows thin
like the last candle
flickering in the wind.
I cry in silence,
for the world does not hear
the quiet breaking of a soul.
My tears fall softly in the dark,
each one a prayer
too weary to speak aloud.
Oh Lord, remember me.
My days are numbered like fading echoes,
like footprints washed away by the tide.
Time moves quickly through my hands,
And I stand unsure
of where tomorrow leads.
I have nowhere to run,
no refuge built by human hands.
The roads I follow circle back to sorrow,
and the doors I knock on
remain closed to my trembling heart.
Save me, Lord.
Remember me when I am lost in shadow.
Hear my prayer rising from the depths
where words become whispers
and whispers become faith.
For I am also Your child,
though broken and weary.
The breath within me
still carries Your name
even when my strength fades.
Lord, let Your mercy live within me.
Let it move through my being
like light through a darkened room.
Let it soften the storms in my heart
and teach my soul
How to hope again.
Remember me, Lord,
not because I am strong,
but because I am Yours. 🙏✨
© 2026 Gloria Penelope
Comments