The mountain never bowed to applause, Nor did the river pause for tears. The sky has carried a thousand storms Without remembering a single face. You are a traveler, not the road. A heartbeat, not the clock. The world was already speaking Long before it learned your name. Some goodbyes bloom from seasons, Not from mistakes. Some distances are drawn by time, Not by the hands that reach across them. Don't make yourself the author Of every unfinished sentence. Some pages are left blank Because silence belongs there. There is a strange mercy In not standing at the center Of every ending, Of every change. The sun does not rise to prove a point. The stars do not dim to send a message. Life simply unfolds, Wild, indifferent, beautiful. So carry your kindness, Leave your footprints lightly, And when the world turns without asking, Smile. It's not about you. That's how it is. © 2026 Gloria Penelope
My tears come out uninvited,
Born from distress, from buried pain.
From memories that never rested,
From trauma whispering my name.
I ask myself a thousand questions,
But answers never seem to stay.
Questioning feels empty, useless—
I cannot turn time back its way.
Years are walking past me slowly,
Months dissolve into the air.
Days grow tired, hours weaken,
Minutes vanish unaware.
Nothing changes, yet time moves on,
A cruel and steady stream.
I stand still while the world keeps going,
Trapped inside a broken dream.
Still, I lift my eyes in silence
To the Almighty up above.
Faith is all I have to hold now,
Hope stitched gently into love.
Even when my tears keep falling,
Even when my strength feels gone,
I believe God sees my breaking,
Hears my quiet, wordless song.
So let me cry, but not surrender.
Let me ache, but not despair.
For in my tears, I keep believing—
God is working, even when I lost hope.
© 2025 Gloria Penelope
Comments